Are you passionate about helping people? Do you have an affinity for technology? Are you hungry to beat quotas and exceed metrics? Do you love ALL things sales, from lead generation to closing deals? Does an uncapped commission structure plus base pay sound like something you would like?
Then you might be the Business Development Coordinator that we’ve been looking for! You’ll be a key player in propelling the sales and marketing program forward at a fast-paced, growing company and helping us meet our aggressive goals. Did we mention we offer great benefits, opportunities to advance and learn?
Your mission as Business Development Coordinator is to be a main driver in the sales activities of the company in order to exceed revenue goals and a key component in building out our sales program. You will:
- Have experience selling services for a Managed Services Provider or equivalent technology organization.
- Be enthusiastic and creative about the ideation and building of new sales processes.
- Take strong ownership over the entire sales cycle, from inbound and outbound lead generation, prospect nurturing, and converting prospects into clients.
- Have business acumen and executive presence to create partnerships with owners, executives, and channel partners.
- Provide technology consulting in a trusting manner.
You will report directly to the Owner on a small but dynamic team where your voice will be heard. This team is agile, adaptable, and always willing to consult and listen to our prospects.
- Schedule and meet with 20 prospective clients per month.
- Contribute to 40 new leads per month through networking, self sourcing, and other lead generation activities.
- Generate 4 proposals to personally sourced prospects per month.
- Convert appropriate prospects into clients in order to meet the company’s recurring managed services goal in new revenue per month.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute outbound lead generation activities (i.e. outbound phone calls, attending events, networking, etc.).
- Manage sales pipeline from prospecting new leads to close.
- Participate in identification and building of new, key sales processes
- Meet with prospective clients and close recurring revenue for managed or cloud services.
- Prepare and present service proposals and quotes to clients and follow up accordingly.
- Provide consultative sales based on listening and values and recommend appropriate managed services solutions to small and midsized businesses.
- Contribute to marketing initiatives, such as content creation.
- Participate in routine sales and marketing meetings.
- Mentor and train other sales reps.
- Work in partnership with marketing to meet and track unified sales and marketing metrics.
- Other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Strong familiarity with working with small to midsized businesses in a consultative manner.
- Top-level inbound marketing knowledge or the desire to learn about sales-marketing initiatives.
- Must have strong initiative and ability to work independently to effectively manage his/her own sales pipeline.
- Working knowledge of HubSpot or similar CRM.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technology in a manner that is understandable to others.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Honest, full of integrity and dependable.
- Possess a genuine desire to help.
- Track record of self-improvement and continuous learning.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Experience selling or working at an MSP or a technology services firm is preferred.
- Good sense of humor, ability to have fun even in pressure-filled moments.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to make decisions in matters of significance.
This position offers a base salary plus an uncapped commission. Salary is commensurate with experience.