When Microsoft released Windows 10, it allowed people to download it for free for one year. This one year free upgrade comes to an end July 29th, and people are already starting to ask – is the free Windows 10 upgrade worth it? Here are some pros and cons that have come with Windows 10:
- Windows 10 promises better security. It has a built-in system to protect your device from malware, spyware, and viruses. Windows 10 also gives you the option to use face, fingerprint, or iris detection to unlock your device.
- Windows 10 also offers a multiple desktops option to help those that are constantly multi-tasking. You can switch between your desktops with ease as you transition from task to task.
- The start button is back!
- Many have voiced their concerns regarding Window 10’s privacy settings. By default, Windows 10 automatically sends your data to Microsoft. It will monitor not just what you do online, but anything you do on your Windows device. Vague language in the license agreement doesn’t shed light on what Microsoft does with this information.
- Windows 10 upgrades automatically, whether you want it to or not. While those with Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise will be able to change these settings, those with Windows 10 Home might not be as lucky. This comes after Microsoft used skeptical methods to try to get Windows 7 and 8.1 users to download Windows 10.
If you’re not sure about whether Windows 10 is right for your business, we at Nerds in a Flash would be happy to answer any questions or provide consultation. For more information about Windows 10, please feel free to contact us. Nerds in a Flash provides Computer Repair in Austin and San Antonio as well as IT Support, Managed IT Services for Businesses and Cloud Backup Services. We are here to help, in a flash, our namesake. Click here to Book Online or call 512-401-6373(NERD)/210-657-6373(NERD) to have any questions you may have answered and/or to schedule a service call.